Google
AWESOME DEVOTIONS: Out of My Comfort Zone

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Out of My Comfort Zone

Tomorrow night I am going to a Christmas dinner with my Hopekeeper's group. I am really looking forward to all the good food and fellowship! I am nervous, however. I have been asked to speak at the dinner. Anyone who knows me knows I love to talk! But I am not used to standing up in front of people and talking. What do I say? What do I talk about?

I have been praying for God's guidance on what He wants me to talk about. I am still not real sure but He is planting seeds in my mind and heart. I have decided not to worry about it, not to write down notes, not to memorize anything. I am just going to get up and say whatever God leads me to say! I know He will give me the right words.

Getting out of our comfort zone can very difficult. It is hard sometimes to meet new people, start a new job, do anything out of the ordinary for us. But who knows what we may be missing by not getting out of our comfort zone and by staying in the same routine we are always in? We may be missing blessings God has for us by refusing to step out of our comfort zone. And we may be causing others to miss God's blessings.

Jimmy Carter once said "Go out on the limb. That is where the fruit is." That is what I intend to do tomorrow. I am going to go on the limb, way out of my comfort zone, and see what blessings God has in store for me!

Lord, please help us to get out of our comfort zone and truly receive the blessings you have for us. Give us the courage and strength we need to get out of our comfort zone. I thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to speak tomorrow. Please give me the courage that I need to speak and I pray for the words you would have me say.

The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. I open my mouth and pant, longing for your commands. Psalm 119: 130-131

No comments: